NOTICE

All Stories contained in this blog are the original writings and property of Ed Walden. No Story may be reproduced "in whole" or "in part" by any 3rd party without the express written consent of Ed Walden. Who owns/operate this blog. ©EW

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Closest Friends Pt. 3

I told him that a week isn't all that long and that I wasn't too thrilled to be throwing good money away on clay so that he could learn to sculpt. Meaning that he was just going to make a mess and I'd end up throwing away the clay that wasn't stuck in the carpet. He, of course, protested that he just needed an outlet for his creativity and that I should support him on that. I lit a cigarette which he complained about, his usual whine about me quitting. I told him that I didn't want to hear it and left the room for a nap. When I walked in the room, Helen was there, lying on the bed nude, apparently waiting for me. “I was thinking that the dinosaurs went extinct because they decided that they just didn't wanna fuck anymore.” she said with a smirk.

“Come again?” I said.

“The dinosaurs, you know, like, Pandas decided they don't wanna fuck anymore and now they're almost extinct. I think the same thing happened with the dinosaurs.”

“You're so sublime sometimes.” I told her.

“Maybe you shouldn't leave me alone for such long periods of time. Then I wouldn't spend so much of that wasted time thinking of these things” she retorted.

“Interesting concept though.” I said.

“It's possible.”

“Anything's possible.”

“Like you loving me and me not loving you?” she asked.

“No, not that.” I reminded. To which she made no reply, she only grimaced at the thought. She rolled on her side, sensing somehow that I wasn't interested in sex. “You're going out tonight?” she asked.

“For a bit, why?”

“With who?”

“Why do you care?” I asked.

“Because you want me to care.” she responded.

“Do I?”

“We both know better than that.”

“I guess we do.” I agreed.

“So with who?” she asked.

“Just a friend from work, strip club, nothing fancy or important.”

“A male or female friend?” she inquired.

“Male, why?”

“Just wondering if I'd be seeing you tonight, or if you'd be bringing someone home with you.” she stated.

“Yeah, because that happens all the time, how long has it been?” I asked.

“A little over a year, I guess, that's how long I've been here, before that? I wouldn't know.” her matter of fact-ness only too obvious to me. “I'll be alone when I get home.” I told her.

“Except for me an Jordy.” she reminded.

“How could I forget? When was the last time Jordy left the house?” I asked.

“I don't keep tabs on him, just you.”

“That's comforting.” I said with more sarcasm than I meant. If she noticed it, she didn't comment. I undressed and lie down behind her and curled my body up to hers. “Are you very tired?” she asked. “No, but I need to get some sleep so I can get up to go out later.” I informed. She said nothing more and I drifted off into a fitful sleep. When I woke I was only thankful for not dreaming, not for the sleep. I felt sluggish and exhausted.

The strip club was nothing special, my company was the norm. Bill, one of the few people that I worked with that I could actually get along with outside of work met me with a beer and pointed out a couple of new dancers. I wasn't impressed by them and we spent the next two hours waxing philosophic on subjects ranging from the Gods of Olympus to the possibility of nanotechnology all while demonstrating just how terrible we both were at billiards.

Click Here for Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment